HP printers deliver a seamless printing performance. Usually, they don’t give their users much to complain about. However, you should remember that they are only technical appliances prone to various faults and glitches. Mac users often encounter offline status of HP printers on their devices. The issue typically crops up when they try to print a document. HP Printer Offline Mac has fast become a prevalent problem among users. In this article, you’ll get all the probable solutions through which you can effectively bring the status of your printer back online. It’s highly suggested that you follow the instructions carefully to achieve the desired outcome.
Why Is My HP Printer Offline Mac?
There are various reasons why your printer may showcase an offline status. To get an in-depth knowledge of this problem, you must go through the causes mentioned below.
- A connection or cable issue may cause the printer to display an offline status.
- If you have not linked the wireless network to your system, you may encounter this problem.
- Improper connection of your system through Bluetooth with the HP printing device.
- Low internet speed.
- If you haven’t updated your firmware, it may cause an offline status problem in the HP printer.
- Obsolete drivers or drivers that aren’t updated is also another cause of this problem.
- If your system has not chosen HP as the default system, you may report that the HP printer is offline Mac.
Different Ways To Fix The HP Printer Offline Mac Problem
Surprisingly, this issue is easy to tackle. There are plenty of troubleshooting techniques that can aid you in bringing your HP printer back online.
Reset The HP Printing Device
You can get rid of the offline printer problem on your Mac device by simply resetting the printer. Subsequently, you can reinstall the printer on your Mac system. Follow these steps.
- Navigate to the menu of your Mac system. Select ‘System Preferences.’
- Tap’ Print & Scan,’ which you can find in the ‘Hardware‘ section.
- Next, hit ‘Control‘ and tap the printer list at the same time.
- Next, tap ‘Reset Printing System.’
- Now link your HP printer to the network by using either an Ethernet cable or a USB. You can also directly connect the USB cable from your printer to your Mac device.
- After that, tap the ‘Apple‘ and then click ‘Software Update‘ for installing the recent updates for your system.
- Choose the Apple menu and tap ‘System Preferences.’
- Then open ‘Print & Scan.’
- Choose the ‘+‘ button. You can also tap the ‘Lock‘ button and then fill in your username and password.
- From the ‘Options’ list, tap ‘Add Printer or Scanner.’
- Choose your printing device and then tap ‘Add.’
The Mac operating system will install software and drivers for your HP printer. By properly following these steps, you’ll no longer complain that the HP printer keeps going offline Mac.
Use HP Smart Diagnose & Fix
The HP Smart Diagnose & Fix can eliminate connection issues. Mac devices having macOS 1013 or a later version all have this feature. When you encounter the offline status of the HP printer on Mac, it’s probably due to connection problems.
You can effectively eliminate the problem when you run the HP Smart Diagnose & Fix app. Follow the instructions below to use it.
- If you haven’t already, download the app from the Mac app store.
- From the application, choose ‘Printers.’
- Now, select ‘Diagnose & Fix.’
- Hit’ Start.’
- The analysis will take some amount of time to complete. During this time, you should not make any interruptions to it.
- When you see the diagnosis screen, you can check the results. Hit either ‘Done‘ or ‘Test Print.’
Remove The HP Printing Device And Add It Back Again.
If you have attempted the solutions above, but still find yourself complaining that My HP printer is offline Mac, don’t worry. There’s another fix for you. You can remove the printer and then add it again. Go through the instructions below to perform this procedure.
- Click the ‘Apple’ icon.
- Choose ‘System Preferences.’ Now, select ‘Printers & Scanners.’
- Now, tap ‘Print and Scan.’
- Next, you need to choose ‘Print and Fax.’
- The printer which you want to remove needs to be highlighted. Tap the symbol of Minus.
- Choose the option of ‘Delete Printer.’
- Now, tap the symbol of Plus. You’ll see your printer in the list. Select it.
- Choose either ‘Use‘ or ‘Print Using.’
- Tap on ‘AirPrint‘ through the drop-down option.
- Lastly, hit ‘Add.’
Connect Your HP Printer To Your Network Using Either WPS or The Wireless Setup Wizard
You can get rid of the HP printer offline problem on your Mac device when you connect the printer to the network. This can be done through either the WPS or the HP Wireless Setup Wizard. You can also utilize the HP Smart Software. Follow these instructions and eliminate this problem.
- Select the Wireless icon from the home screen of the HP printer’s control panel.
- Next, touch the Setup icon.
- After that, click ‘Restore Network Defaults’ followed by ‘Yes.’ It will confirm your choice.
- After you have restored the default network settings, tap ‘Wireless settings.’ After that, tap ‘Wireless Setup Wizard.’
- Now your HP printer will look for the available networks. You can check the name of your specific wireless network. In case you don’t find your network getting displayed in the wireless network’s list, you can input the new network name.
- Fill in the password of your network security. After that, click ‘Done.’
- When your HP printer gets connected, you’ll find that the blue light is no longer blinking. It will remain steady.
Print A Wireless Network Test Report
To examine your wireless network connection, you can print a wireless network test report. The following steps will be used for those using HP Inkjet printers having touch screen control panel.
- Launch the Wireless menu.
- Tap the ‘Setup‘ icon.
- Tap ‘Print and reports.’
- Select ‘Wireless test reports.’
Users of HP Inkjet printers that don’t have a touch screen control panel should press the ‘Wireless‘ and the ‘Information‘ button simultaneously.
You can view the results by inspecting the following:
- Make sure that the wireless is working.
- See the strength of the signal and its quality.
- See whether the name of your network is entered rightly.
- Make sure that other networks match with the name of your network.
- Ensure that the printer settings correspond with the router settings.
- There shouldn’t be any filtering.
From resetting your printer to using HP Smart Diagnose & Fix app and connecting the printer to your network using the setup wizard, there’s a lot that you can do. These methods are effective in resolving the problem of hp printer offline Mac. However, sometimes the issue needs expert attention. Many users find themselves repeatedly encountering this problem despite implementing the various fixes. In that case, it’s time to connect with HP technical support professionals. They will resolve all kinds of issues that you encounter with your HP printer.