HP is the most trustable and prominent brand of laptops and other computing devices. Specifically, when it comes to robustness, performance, and numerous advanced features, HP Laptops are the perfect product. However, the device provides a screenshot facility to capture the live document and save it for later. Knowing How to Take a Screenshot on HP Laptop is nowadays very essential. Once you are capable enough to capture a screenshot of the document or file that you see on your HP screen, you can keep it safe and share it with others without hassle.
In this creative manuscript, different straightforward methods are compiled to aid you in efficiently taking screenshots. Thus, keep on reading!
Why Do You Need To Take A Screenshot On HP Laptop?
Capturing screenshots is highly fruitful for documentation work. Anytime you need to save some intuitive information that you see on the screen of your HP laptop while browsing the internet. At that point in time, a screenshot should be taken so that you can keep a record of such info for further use. Furthermore, you can customize your screenshot as per your desire once saved on your clipboard.
Snapping screenshots full or partial screen of a document displaying your HP laptop is not a cakewalk. Shortcut keys and even built-in tools or apps are the most effective and feasible ways to capture anything visible on your laptop screen. In this post, we got a productive guide for quick-taking screenshots. Therefore, feel free to feast your eyes!
Also Read:- HP laptop won’t turn on
How To Screenshot On HP Laptop Windows 7 Using PrtScn Key?
Comprehensive guidance for How to Screenshot on HP Laptop Windows 7 is underneath. Implement the following steps:
- In the beginning, locate the Print Screen key on the keypad of an HP laptop device. It will be abbreviated to either “PrtScn” or “Prt SC” depending on your laptop model.
- Usually, you will see the Print Screen button on the top extreme right row of your keyboard.
Capture A Full Part Of The Document
- Press the “Windows logo + PrtScn” keys simultaneously on your keyboard.
- Your Window will blink during the print screen.
- After capturing the full screen, navigate to “This PC” ≫“Photos” ≫ “Screenshots.”
NOTE: On some keyboards, you should hold down the “FN” key while pressing the “Windows + PrtScn” keys to capture the full screen.
Capture Only Partial Parts of The Document
- First, press the “Windows logo” + “Shift” + “S” keys simultaneously on your HP laptop’s keyboard.
- Now, slightly drag your cursor over the area of the screen you want to cover and capture.
- Now, the selected portion will be automatically saved to the clipboard.
Capture The Active Window
- Press the “Alt” + “PrtScn” keys simultaneously to capture the active window.
- Now, the captured window will get added to the clipboard.
- When your active window gets captured, you will see no indication.
How to Screenshot on HP Laptop Windows 10 Using Windows + W Keys?
If you want to take a screenshot, no option would be better than the shortcut keys. All you need to do is to focus on the Windows logo key and W key on your keypad. Beneath, we’ll tell you How to Take a Screenshot on HP Laptop using these keys. Have a glance once:
- First, press the “Windows logo” + “W” altogether on your keyboard.
- At the bottom of your screen, a pop-up will appear.
- Now, click on the “Full-screen Snip” tab.
- Doing so will instantly take a screenshot of a file/document you wanted to get it.
- With the captured screen, an editor will also open. So, you can edit and customize your taken screenshot by using different color markers or highlighters. Moreover, you will have the Crop option to pick the area only needed despite having the whole screen.
- After all is set with the customization, save the screenshot, copy it, or share it with someone else.
How to Screenshot on HP Laptop Windows 11 Using Windows + G Keys?
Another possible way to take a Screenshot on HP Laptop is by holding down the Windows logo key and G key altogether.
Here’re the required steps to go through:
- First and foremost, press the “Windows logo” + “G” keys simultaneously on your HP laptop’s keyboard.
- Now, doing this will open the options if you want to make a live stream.
- On the left end of your screen, you will see the “Capture” option.
- From there, give an instant click on the “Camera” icon.
After that, the screenshot will be in a pinch taken and saved with the real name of your application or webpage. So, you will always remember which thing this screenshot is all about.
After a screenshot of your document, access it simply by clicking on the open file location from Gallery or following the highlighted path.
How to take Screenshots on HP Laptop without Print Screen Button?
Windows has a built-in Snipping Tool that enables HP laptop users to capture either the selected part or top-to-toe area of the screen visualizing on an HP Laptop. So, if you have a query about How to Take a Screenshot on HP Laptop without the Print Screen button, the answer is either using a Snipping tool or Snip & Sketch app. Here’s how:
Using Snipping Tool
- On your Windows Search box, type in “Snipping tool.”
- Select the option of “Snipping Tool” from the results and then click “Open” to open it.
- Now, go to the “Mode” menu and select the type of mode you want to use for capturing the image/document.
- If you want the entire screen to be captured, choose the “Full-screen” mode from the drop-down list.
- Also, choose a “Rectangle” mode, “Window” mode, or “Free-form” form as per your requirement.
- Once you make a desired selection of mode, begin to take a screenshot.
- All you need to do is to click on the “New” tab. Doing this a flash will happen which ensures the screen has been captured.
- Now, you can customize your screenshot using the tools, create notes, and even highlights some parts before saving it.
- Try to save it in your desired location so that you can frequently access it.
Using Snip & Sketch App
In general, HP laptop Windows 10 proffers the Snip & Sketch app to capture live images or documents. So, if you run Windows 10 operating system on your HP laptop, you are strongly recommended to use such an app. Therefore, knowing How to Screenshot on HP Laptop Windows 10 is simple and uncomplicated. Here’s how:
- With the opening file or image you want to take a screenshot, click the “Start” button.
- Now, type in “Snip & Sketch” in the search bar and select this app from the results.
- After doing so a menu will appear at the top of the screen.
- Simply, click on the “Full-screen Snip” icon which looks like a rectangle with marks in each corner.
- As soon as you snap the screen, Windows will save it to the clipboard.
- A “Snip saved to clipboard” notification will appear. Click on it to open a customization window.
- With using the tools, you can mark up, highlight, and crop the captured screen.
- Once done with the modification, click the “Save” icon.
- Now, choose a specific file name, file type, and desired location for your saved screenshot, and then finally click “Save.”
24/7 HP Laptop Support For How To Take A Screenshot On HP Laptop
Hopefully! A guide noted above for How to Take a Screenshot on HP Laptop is helpful and hence takes a second to capture the screen. However, Screenshots play a vital role in terms of demonstrating live info. The provided easiest ways will somehow lead you to a take screenshot within a minute and save it to the desired location or share it with others.
If, unfortunately, you are not satisfied with the aforementioned course of action for a screenshot, obtain 24/7 HP Laptop Support. The tech specialists have immense skills and experience in handling your query. So, once you contact them, they will make sure to appropriately take a screenshot of your document on your HP laptop.