HP offers some of the best printers in the market today. People purchase printer models for their homes and offices because of their quick and high-quality printing. But in order to use the printer effectively, you must know about the right HP printer installation. The brand provides software and drivers that are crucial for their printers to function with the operating system on the user’s computer. You can also get the drivers from the website of HP if your printing device does not have them. In this post, you will learn the entire process of installing HP printer drivers and ink cartridges.
The Steps to Take for HP Printer Installation
The process of installing an HP printer takes place in two steps. Firstly, you download the drivers and then install them. Both these processes are outlined below.
Download HP drivers
To download the driver, just head over to the official HP website. Now follow the points below.
- Once on the website, tap the ‘Support & Drivers’ link.
- Now, pick the ‘Drivers & Software’ option.
- Below ‘Product Category,’ choose ‘Printing & multifunction.’
- Input the name of your product in the given field.
- Alternatively, you can also tap the ‘Printers’ option in the navigation menu.
- If you use this option, you’ll need to choose the kind of printer you have from the product list.
- Now, tap the ‘Download drivers & software’ option present in the navigation menu.
- Choose the operating system from the list.
- Go through the different driver options and select the one as per your needs.
- Now tap ‘Download.’
- Finally, click the ‘Save’ option followed by ‘Browse.’
- Save the driver file on a location on your system you can remember.
Install HP drivers
After downloading drivers, the next step in HP printer software installation is to install them. Go to the downloaded driver in your system and use the following process.
- Double-tap on the folder where the driver is.
- Tap ‘OK’ to confirm the installation.
- Click ‘Next’ to commence the install wizard.
- Now, you can choose from the recommended and custom installation.
- The recommended version will install the different parts that a user will need.
- On the other hand, the custom installation allows you to choose the options you desire.
- Hit ‘Install’ followed by ‘Finish.’
Read More:– HP Connection Manager
The Process of HP Printer Ink Installation
An important part of printer installation is replacing the ink cartridges and installing the new ones properly. The steps mentioned below will work for popular HP printer models such as OfficeJet Pro 8600 and PhotoSmart 7520.
- Check that you have the right colors of ink for your machine.
- A majority of HP printer users prefer higher-yield cartridges as it gives a lot of ink.
- Examine the current ink levels by touching the ‘Ink’ icon on the control panel home screen of the printer.
- After confirming fewer ink levels, turn the printer on and lift its top cover.
- Let the cartridge shift to the middle.
- Now, push the tab at the front of it.
- Then lift it slowly to put away the old cartridge.
- Next, remove the packaging from the new cartridge.
- Position it with its face up on a flat and solid surface. It would be wise to place it below some paper.
- Before HP printer ink installation, take away the plastic clip at the cartridge’s bottom.
- Now, pull back the plastic tab, so the vent slots appear.
- Now, slide the new cartridge with its colors and the marker at the top of the printhead match in its respective slot.
- Push the cartridge in place. You will hear a clicking sound when it settles into its place.
- Close the lid of your printer gently.
- Here, you will get a message about installing non-genuine HP cartridges if you have used them.
- But it will not cause you many issues in printing.
- After installing the cartridge, you will see a confirmation message.
- Press ‘Confirm’ so that the HP printer primes the system with your new cartridge.
- Do an alignment test by loading paper into the machine and pressing ‘OK.’
- Finally, examine the print quality.
Perform HP Wireless Printer Installation
HP provides various outstanding wireless printers for many use cases. Here is everything you should to know to connect your printer to Wi-Fi.
- Begin by downloading and installing the HP Smart app. It enables you to configure and link your printer to Wi-Fi.
- Through the app, you can also print from your phone or system.
- To use the HP Smart app, you will need to create an HP account.
- Ensure that your HP printing device is in Wi-Fi setup mode.
- To do so, HP printer users who have a touch-screen model should go to the ‘Setup’ menu. Here, tap ‘Settings,’ and choose ‘Restore network settings.’
- But if your HP printer doesn’t have a touch-screen, hold and press the ‘Cancel’ and ‘Wireless’ buttons till the ‘Power’ button flashes. You should also see the wireless lights flashing.
- If you want to do HP printer installation for a Laser printer without a touch-screen, hold the wireless button. Do it till the power lights flash.
- You will also see ‘Attention’ displayed.
Link to Wi-Fi
Now you need to connect your printer to Wi-Fi. Use these steps for it.
- Launch the HP Smart app and choose ‘Setup a new printer’ option. The app will begin scanning and will find your machine quickly.
- Once it finds your machine, tap ‘Setup’ on your HP printer.
- Now tap ‘Continue’ on the HP Smart app.
- The next step is to input the Wi-Fi password for the network you are linked to.
- Confirm it and tap ‘Continue.’
- Once your HP printer links to the network, you should confirm your proximity to the printing device.
- For it, carry out a prompt, such as tapping the checkmark on the printer display or pressing the ‘Information’ button.
The process of HP printer installation takes place by downloading and installing drivers and cartridges. You can set up a wireless printer using the HP Smart app easily. If you need additional support for any part of the process, feel free to contact printer technical experts.